Louder Now On Instagram

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Never Hill - Netflix, Brownies and Paul Rudd

Never Hill backstage at Nuneaton's Queens Hall
Never Hill played Nuneaton's Queens Hall last week and it was something pretty special. As is their new EP, Epilogue, which they released on June 20th. You can read about what we thought of the record and their show here. But here's some unnecessarily ridiculous questions that we put to the boys before they took to the stage! 

Tell us the best joke you have ever heard:
Jacob: Honestly, I’m blank!
Jake: Google it!
Adam: It’s like you’ve had the worst truth or dare like “Ah, I can’t do this…”
Jake: Okay we can move on and come back…
When was the last time you screamed at the TV?
Daniel: Definitely this week when, SPOILER ALERT, Jon Snow got stabbed to death.
Adam: See I didn’t scream I just cried a little bit.
Daniel: I was devastated, I was actually screaming at Olly the little kid who did it.
Perfect night in?
Jake: That’s easy. Netflix. Daredevil Series, class. With a Chinese takeaway.
Adam: I literally have the opposite of that question…which does not suit me…
Perfect night out?
Jake: We should actually swap. You don’t go out!
Adam: The thing is I really like just going to bars with my mates. If I go to a club I end up getting really embarrassed because I get way to into the dancing. I dunno, I would say going to another gig. It gets me pumped and I’m all “yes! I want to do that.” It’s like when we went to Slam Dunk, I was off on one.  
Jake: With a cheeky nandos!
All collectively: CHEEKY NANDOS!
Tell us the best joke you’ve ever heard.
Dan: Are you ready yet?
Jacob: Hell no!
Dan: Okay we’ll go again.
Have you ever given someone a hickey?
Jacob: Yes! And she’s my wife so. I’ve been with one girl my whole life so…
Is there anything you know this week that you didn’t know last week?
Jake: There was something, I can’t remember what it was. Maybe I should think about it and pass it on.
You’re feeling sick and you can only have one home comfort. What do you choose?
Adam: I would say Game of Thrones, but if it was food.
Jake: What? If Game of Thrones was food?
Adam: No! But that’s my TV show! But, really specifically, if it were food, then it would be Birds Eye Chicken Chargrills, because they’re really nice.
Jake: Ah yeah they are nice.
Is there anything you know this week that you didn’t know last week?
Jake: I’ve remembered my thing now! We are all born with blue eyes. We’re like kittens.
Adam: I looked at you then and thought... “dude, you’ve got brown eyes…”
Jake: No but we start off with blue eyes and then they change.
Weirdly enough, when we put this question to EofE their answer was that there is no Nando's in Never Hill's host town, Nuneaton! Read that interview here.
Tell us the best joke you’ve ever heard.
Jacob: Okay I’ve googled it but this one I actually heard! I went to a really emotional wedding the other day…even the cake was in tiers.  
Jake: Hahaha it’s so good but it’s so bad!
Jacob: Yeah, it wasn’t funny.
Adam: I don’t get it.
Jake: It took me a while but then…tiered…like cake tiers.
Adam: Oh is that what it’s called??
Piercings or tattoos?
Dan: Tattoos, all the way. If I could have more, I would! If I could afford more.
What decade would you most like to have been born in and why?
Jake: Oh god, I don’t know!
Adam: We seem like the most boring people! None of us live a life!  
Jake: All we want is Netflix and jammies. We have made that clear, straight off. Erm, I would probably say the 80s because it looked fun.
Adam: It looked fun? That’s it?
Jake: I would want to be born in the 80s so that Calvin Harris would put me in his song.
Dan: I was born in the 80s.
Jake: Yeah but that’s because you’re old man.
Have you ever broken a bone?
Adam: Yes. I think the funniest one was my nose. I’ve broken quite a few, they’re all from skating really. There was one where one of those pendulum swings. I don’t know why, no one was even on it, but I just stood there and it swung back and hit me in the face, and I just went home. It was the most casual breaking, my nose was on one side. Then there was one where I went over a skate ramp and then just cracked my head off the floor and then went home and didn’t even say bye to any of my friends. So yeah. They’re not really that funny, they’re quite devastating.
You’re bored. What do you do?
Louder Now: You’re not allowed to say Netflix. I’m banning Netflix as an answer.
Jacob: Oh. That’s exactly what I was going to say.
Dan: Well you like to do a particular thing that you made for us last night…
Jacob: When I’m bored, it’s a bit lame, but, I like to bake.
Jake: To be fair, the brownies you brought in yesterday were so good. They were perfect.
Who’s the first person you would choose to be stuck in a lift with?
Jake: You have a wife.
Dan: Yeah but is it like, famous person included? Nah, I won’t go with the wife.
All: Oooooooh.
Dan: Because if you’re going to be stuck in a lift, you’re only going to be in there for a couple of hours so you want to be in there with someone funny.
Jake: Yeah but you could…have fun.
Dan: I love my wife but if I was going to be in there with someone funny it would be someone like Kevin Hart or I really like Paul Rudd. That really dry, sarcastic humour. I would really want to relive that moment in Friends where him and Ross just have nothing to talk about.
Adam: Why would you ever want that?! We are SUCH boring people!
What excites you the most about the future?
Jake: I think you wanted to answer this one, do you want it or shall I answer it.
Adam: No, you picked it up.
Jake: Okay well it’s definitely the prospect of this band picking up. Even the close future coming, with the EP that we’ve just dropped. I think it will push us to where we need to go, leading to bigger stages and supporting and touring with bigger bands. That excites me. I wouldn’t want to do it without this lot.
Adam: Oh. Mine was just going to be grey hair. I’m really excited to have grey hair.  
How long does it take you to get ready?
All: *scoff*
Adam: What? I was going to say really quickly! No? In the morning I’m like 10 minutes.
Dan: It’s the time that you decide to get ready I guess. So you get ready quickly but you decide to get ready at the time you’re supposed to be at the place. So if you’re supposed to be somewhere at 6 you’ll start getting ready at 6.  
Adam: That’s true. I was late today. I actually went home before I came here.
Dan: I knew you would.
US or UK?
Jacob: Oh it’s got to be UK. All day long. I meant the US is a nice place but…
Have you ever had nightmares because of a film you saw?
Dan: Yeah, I actually had nightmares after The Grudge because of that creepy noise they make. I had a dream that there were kids making that noise and it was horrible.
Adam: I didn’t like changing rooms after I saw that film. You know how the clothes are hung up, and the guys just looking at them, and then they turn into her!
Who was the last person to make you laugh?
Jake: Sitting on my left. Literally, Adam is the funniest person ever. It’s just his face, his expressions.
Jacob: It’s something pretty spectacular.
Jake: You’re something special mate.  
Who’s the last person on earth you would want to be stuck in a lift with?
Adam: Erm. Paul Rudd. Because it sounds SO boring. Honestly, Jennifer Lawrence. She’s so whiny! I can’t watch The Hunger Games anymore. Yeah. Sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment