Louder Now On Instagram

Monday 4 July 2016

2000 Trees Set-Up Diary - Day Two (the one where we took buggy's to the top of the site)

Yesterday the following proposition was made: “Hayley have you got your camera? Want to come on a ride to the top of the site to take photos?”

 Errr. Yes.

After waking up and getting my daily dose of Wi-Fi to connect with civilization (overrated, I much prefer it here) I cracked on with finishing the artwork that the rain cleaned off yesterday afternoon.

Once that and lunch was taken care of I got myself a site map and snuck off to explore this incredible site and see how everything was coming along. 

Surrounding Fields 
Upcote Farm, Withington
3/07/2016
In the morning it was suggested that I check out the farm houses gardens, so that’s where I started. Upcote Farm might be home to 2000 Trees but there are other (legendary) people who call this home all year round and they have clearly worked hard to make it one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.

After I had my fill of the garden’s I explored the surrounding fields and ended up back at the entrance to the festival site. I took the opportunity to say hello to all of the teams working hard (whilst I clearly was not) to make this site the incredible place that all of the guests will see from Thursday.

First up on my journey was the Main Stage which has come on leaps and bounds since the day
before. As I passed it looked as if a lighting rig was being hoisted into place and The Tree, that I thought looked massive just 24 hours ago now seemed to pale in comparison (but you wait until the ceremonial light-turning-on event that I have demanded).
Main Stage
Upcote Farm, Withington
3/07/2016

I wandered into the VIP bar area next and found a team raking the VIP garden in the blazing sunshine. Ten of the shiniest gold stars to those guys because it looked like hard work in the best of circumstances but when the sun is this bright and wonderful, well I can’t even imagine. Like troopers they had the place looking lush (word used appropriately).

VIP Bar
Upcote Farm, Withington
3/07/2016


From the VIP bar I wondered over to Neu Stage, just over the way from that Main Stage. The tent itself is up and looking amazing but the team were busy…building up their strength we’ll say so that they could crack on reinforcing the tent pegs with gaffer tape.

I must ask how much gaffer tape we’ve gone through so far. I imagine it’s ridiculous.  

Neu Stage
Upcote Farm, Withington
3/07/2016
Neu Stage Team
Upcote Farm, Withington
3/07/2016

  











The Cave and The Axiom Stages are both up and raring to go but crew were milling about putting up signage so that you’ll all know exactly where you need to be to catch all of the bands on this incredible line up. It’s a good job too. They’re the same colour and roughly the same size. Without signage we would all have to distinguish between them by some other visual standard - and that seems like it will end rather inappropriately.

The Cave 
Upcote Farm, Withington
3/07/2016
Axiom
Upcote Farm, Withington
3/07/2016














After being pointed in the right direction (at this point my sense of direction was shot) I hopped over there to check it out before all of the bells and whistles are put up (by bells and whistles I mean hammocks and what not, YEAH HAMMOCKS) .

Before arriving here, it was the concept of the Forest Sessions that really intrigued me so I am beaming with happiness when I say that this area is everything I wanted it to be and more. Honestly, it’s like something out of a fairy-tale, with the teeniest of stages set in amongst thick woods. I cannot wait to see this place in its full glory and I’ll be sure to check in with it today to see how it’s cracking on.

Forest Sessions
Upcote Farm, Withington
3/07/2016

I came back to The Barn thinking that my big exploration was over. There were so many times on my 2-hour trek that I had to stop and absorb what I was seeing. The wildlife alone is sensational, peacocks, sheep, butterfly’s, dragon-fly’s you name it I saw it on my journey.

Leaping at the chance to help out Sarah from Artist Liaison, I spent the next few hours organising trader vouchers and making sure that the bands would be looked after when they arrive on site from Thursday.

But just as I finished off packing those envelopes with food vouchers and wristbands, Andy skipped over and made the wonderful proposition I mentioned earlier.

We drove all the way up to the highest point of the area and looked over the entire festival site. The headliners will be brought up to this spot for a chance to relax before they explode on to their respective stages. It’s easy to see why. It literally doesn’t get better than this.

In a day and age where it’s easy to be ashamed of one’s home country and to be bogged down by the woes of the world all it takes is a view like this one to remind you. Take out all the unnecessary and all you are left with is pure, unaltered, beauty.  

The Whole Damn Place
Upcote Farm, Withington
3/07/2016



Well, it’s altered a little. The amazing 2000 Trees crew have rocked up and turned it into the best music event of the year, obviously.  

My sheer amazement of this place well and truly continued into my second day here. The team have continued to be the hardest working, happiest, friendliest group of people I have ever met and the surroundings just keep on throwing hidden gems my way.

We drove the buggy’s back to The Barn and a Beer Pong tournament quickly broke out. I could tell you all about it but it was so tense I think it might distract from the happy-go-lucky vibe that we’ve been enjoying otherwise. Pretty sure I’m going to live tweet you all of the action from tomorrow’s rematch anyway.

So here goes day three. Surely it can’t keep on getting better.

PS – Mum, the blog’s finished, you can stop reading now. Right now.

PPS – Guys, serious question. Does vodka make me a better writer? Tweet me your opinions.


No comments:

Post a Comment